Convention & Visitors Bureaus are not‐for‐profit organizations sharing the mission of enticing visitors to the destination each serves.
CVB Services — almost always complimentary — are designed to match planner and attendee needs to the destination's amenities and resources, resulting in streamlined, timesaving efficiencies for you, the planner.
What Services Do CVBs Provide?
The services provided by each bureau vary somewhat; however, resources typically include the following:
- Destination Expertise – RFP distribution, site inspections, provision of print and web‐based marketing materials
- Bid Development – competitive analysis, liaison with convention center, hotels, meeting venues
- Convention Planning – welcome letters, local media contacts, street signage, identification of support services
- Attendance Building – media release creation, dedicated web landing pages, attendance boosters, and
- telemarketing services
- On‐site Support – supply visitor’s guides, city maps, registration booths and support, name badges, welcome banners, attendee "goodie bag" materials
How Do Planners Benefit?
Meeting and event planners oversee hundreds of tasks and, by reaching out to the Illinois' CVBs they will receive help with the following:
- Time Savings – identifying the appropriate venue, rates and availability within planner’s timeframe and budget
- Financial Savings – complimentary products and services, maximizing value dates/meeting patterns, individual CVB promotions designed to enhance event bottom lines
- Simplicity – bids gathered from hotels in standardized formats. CVBs can receive all RFPs on behalf of the planner.
- Unbiased Expertise – providing a wide range of updated information on existing facilities and activities, and education regarding new hotels/meeting venue locations and off‐site activities
- Unique Destination Perspective – providing information on airlift, weather, city‐wide meetings and community events